Here's my April BJP. I've had it done for awhile, but I wasn't thrilled with it, was going to redo it, and then after being my usual indecisive self decided that I didn't want to redo it because it was my first reaction for April.
My thought it simple. Being a person with dysthymia*, I have learned that every single moment I need to consciously make an effort to see life through glasses that are at least a little bit rosy. A person who suffers with dysthymia generally sees life as gray, with brighter spots of color sometimes, of course, but I have to purposefully look for the things that will make me smile and give me a lighter heart. Instead of voicing the bad and giving it substance, I cheer for the good and the possible.
So what I'm trying to say with my April BJP is no matter the weather--clear, gray skies or rain, I'll be bringing my own sun, thank you very much. :)
*Dysthymia is characterized by depressed mood experienced most of the time for at least two years, along with at least two of the following symptoms: insomnia or excessive sleep, low energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, poor appetite or overeating, poor concentration or indecisiveness, and feelings of hopelessness.
3 comments:
I so appreciate the sentiments you've expressed here, Pam, and I ADORE those bursts of sunny yellows from under that sequined umbrella ... a perfect beady explosion of positivity. May you shine on!
Wise and artistic Pam! I have only just now read through your recent blog posts, and I can only say that my admiration for you and what you are creating has risen by several degrees!
Thank you ladies!
Post a Comment