so I made the decision to start my former blog again, which I've changed, and deleted a whole lot of stuff. All my cancer stuff I deleted years ago already because I just couldn't read it anymore. I'd lived through it once, and that was enough.
Do take a look at my brother's blog if you appreciate nature photography and the outdoors. He lives in New Mexico and does quite a bit of hiking and other outdoorsy things. North by Southwest .
This is called "Time to Begin." This year is going to be mainly created from "old" works in progress, pieces that never got used in old projects, bits and pieces from here and there, inherited costume jewelry, etc. And "Time to Begin" is just that. Time for me to commit again to the BJP, to be creative, to get back to the things I love to do.
January is my birth month, so I used my favorite colors ,there are bits of a broken bracelet from my grandma, Russian leaves from a huge stash I beaded at one point, and the clock charm I actually took out of an old BJP piece that I didn't much care for.
this box to the right is how I will be displaying my year of projects. It's a wooden bead tray that I threw some paint on and sanded a bit. Right now I have January in there, and the other 2 are actually just other little pieces I made years ago. I just wanted to see how they're going to look... I think I like it!
February is up next, and some other stuff I'm working on.
2 comments:
I can't remember whether I commented this piece on FB, and in any case it is better to comment here, because the post and comments will STAY visible, as opposed to Facebook posts.
So here goes: I love this piece for the harmony and lots of detail it shows, and it makes me wonder why the watch face shows ten past nine ... :) I suppose the reason is simply that that is the time at which it finally stopped working.
By the way, your pieces always give me the impression that you are putting them together effortlessly and fast, with a very sure sense of composition.
Time to Begin is wonderful. Very spontaneous feeling. I love the clock face, perfect for January. What a great idea to create from prior works in progress. I have a box full of those, and it just keeps growing. Your display idea is unique and appealing. Looking forward to seeing the months get revealed :-)
Post a Comment