Monday, February 10, 2014

February BJP - Love will grow even in the dark

Here's February.   Actually nothing in this BJP has been reused from old stash or anything,  just seed beads I've had for years.   This is another thing I've promised myself, that unless I need something for a certain month like thread, needles, etc, I am not buying any new beads.  Only two months in, but good so far on that promise. 

There's not really too much of a story behind February besides I think of Valentine's Day this month, pretty obvious.   When I think about it though, it does make sense, there have been times when things have been very dark in my life, either through illness, depression or other reasons.  I still love, am still loved and there may be times when I don't feel particularly loved, but in the end I still am.  Kind of an obtuse thought, but makes sense in my head.   

Even when someone really makes you angry, you still love them, right?  Makes sense.  Which brings me to something I've wondered in the past. 

Why is it so easy to be mean to the ones we love the most?   Ever since I first heard that, it has stuck in my mind and is always, always there.  I am very conscious of it.    But are we able to be mean or ugly to those we love the most because we know that love grows even in the dark???   

here's January and February in the display box:

3 comments:

Liz said...

It's pretty awful to be mean to anyone, but it seems horrendous to be mean to the people you love. I don't understand why it is "easier" to be mean to those close to us. Although love can continue to grow in the dark, it can also be chipped away bit by bit by words that hurt. I try very hard to remember once something has been spoken, in haste or anger, there is no way to erase all of the damage.

pam T said...

maybe I said it wrong, but that is the way I remember hearing it, "easier to be mean to those close to us," meaning even the times we are crabby, short-tempered, frustrated with other things but take it out on those at home (family) instead of confronting the real issue that one is upset with. I don't know, does that make more sense? and yes, I agree, it can definitely be chipped away bit by bit by hurtful words and most times those chips don't ever grow back.

Padparadscha said...

Hello Pam, I love this post, and your beaded piece is exquisite. With love, Helene H